It had been a week since me, Catalina, and Sonya made our little run-in with Kaylyn resulting us to end up in jail for some hours but me and my girls were still pretty amped about the situation. Matter of fact, I haven't seen Kaylyn around school at all since then, I'm pretty sure she's just avoiding the conflict. Rico on the other hand has been in a rut ever since he killed JB, I think his conscious is eating at him.
"Bae, would you please eat something? You're going to be starving." I spoke looking at Rico poke around at his food.
"I don't have an appetite." He spoke staring at my mom's spaghetti.
"Well, you need to find one. ¿QuĂ© tal?" I asked.
"Well..." Rico sighed "You know when I said I kept hearing you in my head?"
"Yeah, I told you I had no idea what that was about already."
"I know. It wasn't really you...It...was...God." Rico spoke.
"What?! How do you know??" I asked confused but excited to know about Rico's new found gift.
"I had a dream last night and my pops was talking to me about the way I'm living and that he was proud yet disappointed with my recent decisions. But next to my father was a very bright light, the brightest light I've ever seen, and it had a voice that I'd never heard. The voice revealed to me that it was none other than God. I was so shook off that. I had no choice but to fall to my knees in front of the light. The light and my pops then surrounded me telling me it was time to change my life around. I told them I don't think I'm ready but they insisted. Once I accepted it, I woke up in a cold sweat this morning around like 4 am and haven't been able to get that dream out of my head." Rico spoke looking pretty spooked about the situation still, his body was covered in chill bumps.
"Wow Rico, that's amazing. But I can understand why you would be scared. But you know what you have to do now right?" I asked standing up and walking over to Rico.
"No, what?"
"You need to fully accept Jesus into your heart." I spoke placing my hands on his shoulders.
"Ok, I'll do it." He spoke with a smile. I smiled back. I'm so happy Rico finally came around. I know I'm nowhere near a perfect Christian but my life has been 100 times better since accepting God as my Savior and I know Rico will feel the same way once he's done the same.
***************************
I love my sound system so much, it doesn't sound quite as good as Rico's but it's still amazing to me. It's the perfect distraction to take my mind off the reason why I'm in my car in the first place. I'm driving Chris and Janetta to Planned Parenthood so Janetta can get a pregnancy test. I pray to God she's not pregnant. They are both way too young to be parents, besides my parents would have a freaking fit if they found out. And I already know I'll be the first to blame since I'm responsible for Chris while they steady go on business trips. I turned into the parking lot and pulled into the only available space in front of the beige building. It was packed as hell today.
The three of us walked in and looked for 3 available seats. It was so packed, there were no chairs available at all. Wow! I guess teen pregnancy is the "new black" as they say. There are so many young girls in here appearing to be around Chris and Janetta age sitting next to their very upset mothers and some fathers. We stood along the walls and waited for our turn. Janetta and Chris haven't said anything the whole car ride here, not like I could've heard them anyway, but it doesn't look like their planning on it either.
"I'm scared." Janetta finally spoke with forming tears in her eyes.
"I know hunny, but this is what happens when you do grown up activities. You have to deal with grown up consequences." I spoke. I didn't know what else to say. I was honestly upset at both of them for being so careless. I know I'm not one to talk because I made the same mistake about a month ago, but I'm much older and almost done with high school.
After 2 hours of waiting it was finally our turn. "Do you guys want me to come back there with you?" I asked as the nurse came out and called for the next person.
"No. It's fine. We'll handle it." Chris said trying to sound as mature as he could but I could tell on the inside he was shaking.
"Okay. Let me know."
About 20 minutes passed and finally they had emerged from the back with smiles on their faces. I'm guessing it was a negative.
"So how'd it go?" I asked.
"It was negative, but after a talk with the doctor we decided to take a pledge of abstinence." Janetta spoke but the look on Chris' face looks like he's not to thrilled about the idea.
"You don't have to be abstinent just be careful." I spoke. Six months ago I was a virgin and now I can't ever think about me and Rico taking a pledge of abstinence, the sex is wayyy too good for that.
"I think abstinence is the best way. That way we won't have to worry about pregnancy or anything else." Janetta spoke as she opened the passenger side door of my Ford Escape.
"Janetta I know a unexpected pregnancy is a scary thing, but just saying "no" to sex once you've already done it is only going to make you crave it more, thus leading to more careless decisions. You're going to want it so bad your not going to think of the repercussions." I spoke.
"I guess you're right Aaliyah. But what do you suppose we do?"
"I suggest birth control."
"My mom wouldn't let me get that, she doesn't even know I'm having sex." She spoke pushing her auburn hair behind her ear.
"Well, she doesn't have to. This could be our little secret. I am 18. I can just give you the consent." I stated.
"Um....I don't like hiding things from my mom. She's like my best friend."
"Did you ever tell your mom about your little drinking experience?" I asked.
"Hell no. She would have my ass in a sling."
"Exactly. So don't tell her this. It's for the best."
"I guess you're right. Well when can you get it for me?" She asked, Chris' face looked relieved. I'm pretty sure he was going to have a fit about not being able to have sex.
"How bout on my next off day?"
"That'll be perfect, thanks." Janetta smiled. I looked in the rear view mirror at Chris as he mouthed "thanks" to me as well.
****************************
After a chill date with all my friends, Janetta and Chris, included I was exhausted and ready to call it a night in Rico's arms. With winter approaching and the temperature dropping all I really want to do is cuddle. It doesn't get too cold here in Cali but this year the weather has taken a big turn of events. Usually at the end of October it's still in the high 70's low 80's but this year it's mid 60's and it's not even Halloween yet. I'm getting prepared for a surprising, cold winter.
"Well it's about time we head home." Rico stated
"I couldn't agree more." I was high as hell and ready to K.O.
"Iight ya'll. See ya'll at school Monday." Rico spoke as me, him, Chris and Janetta filed out Sonya's front door.
"Okay, be safe." Sonya spoke from her spot on Cameron's lap.
"Iight nigga." Jason spoke shaking Rico up as he walked out the door.
Once back at my house me and Rico made ourselves comfortable on my bed as we began to watch Into the Storm. This is a perfect way to end my night. In my baby's arms, hugged up, and super comfortable. It feels good not to end the night on some bullshit for once. I think I need to be more positive myself, it's time to start living from a new perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment