"Aye put that shit in the air for my nigga Jason!" Rico yelled out as he put Or Nah (Remix) on pause.
"I can smoke to that. I lived to see another year and I'm finally able to walk again. Thanks to Allah." Jason spoke taking a long hit from his perfectly rolled blunt.
"Happy Birthday on 3....1..2..3!"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" We all yelled in unison. We all took a shot of liquor and a long hit from our blunts.
"Damn, I'm so high." Sonya slurred.
"Me too." I spoke laying back on the couch as the loud music pounded out the speakers and into my ears. Jason just turned 18 and the other day he gained his ability to walk again. We all think it's because he turned his life over to Allah as they call him. Rico also got saved at church Sunday. Even though, I been saved I decided to go ahead and get saved again. We could all use the cleansing from the drama. We're all having a great time turning up with Jason for his birthday. It's kinda weird with Chris and Janetta being here, but I vowed to spend more time with mi hermanito and future hermanita. I still haven't seen Kaylyn around school, I guess it's for the best. I guess I'll let this shit die down. But I know she hasn't, especially with both the men in her life dead and the miscarriage. But, until she comes to face me I'm just chilling.
***********************************
Last night was fun as hell, but now it's back to the old grind. School and work. Atleast it's Thursday and tomorrow is Halloween. I'm looking forward to this party my girl Lexi invited us too. Lexi is a part of the Sin Piedad group. It's an all Hispanic group and I recently just started talking to her; and her people are also cool as shit. If I didn't have my crew I probably would be kicking it with them. Lexi is a redheaded mexican, she's a little on the plus side, but she's still pretty and her man Mario seems to enjoy her.
"Hola mami." Lexi called out to me as I opened my junky locker. I really need to open this thing.
"¿Qué pasa chica?" I spoke as she pulled me in for a hug.
"Nada. You coming to mi fiesta tomorrow night?
"Sί. You already know I'ma be there chica."
"Buena. I'll see you then. Hasta tarde. Tengo que irme." Lexi spoke blowing me an air kiss as she turned the corner heading off to class. I need to be doing the same. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
****************************
"Rico, can you bring me some more Italian Herbs and Cheese bread please?" I called out to Rico at work.
"Ok baby." Once James found out Rico was going to be working here he quit. That was too bad he got offered the manager position plenty of times. Now that he's gone, they're all on my back about becoming one. All though the pay would be $3 higher I don't feel like taking on that type of responsibility. Just as I started to get lost in my thoughts in walked two hood looking guys. Oh gosh, this should be fun.
"Hello, Welcome to Subway." I spoke
"What's up ma?" One of the dudes called out to me showing off his grill.
"What can I get for you guys today?" I asked trying to maintain my proper tone of voice.
"Yeah, let me get a footlong on italian herbs & cheese."
"What kind of foot long?"
"Give me the uhhh, the chicken kind."
"Okay, what kind of cheese?"
"American."
"You are very beautiful you know that?" The Hispanic guy spoke to me.
"Thank you. Do you want this toasted?" I answered without looking at the Hispanic guy.
"Naa, I'm already too toasted. You wanna get toasted with me Ms. Aaliyah?" The guy whose order I was taking spoke.
"No I'm good. Any vegetables for you?"
"Damn. A nigga can't even get a smile off you ma? You got a nigga or sum?" He asked eyeing me.
"As a matter of fact she does. Can I help y'all?" Rico spoke emerging from the back with a mug on his face.
"Naa bro, we already getting helped by this lil fine lady right here." The Hispanic guy spoke smiling at me.
"Yeah she is pretty fine ain't she?" Rico asked smirking himself. What the hell is he doing?
"Yea nigga. Now Ms. Aaliyah do you have a number I can reach you on?" The Hispanic guy asked me.
"Naa, her phone broke just like yo nose gone be if you keep tryna talk to my girl folk." Rico spoke
"Man, cool out. I ain't know this was yo girl playa."
"Now you do."
"Aye lord I suggest you change yo tone."
"Don't call me no lord fam. Never been that." Rico spoke growing angrier.
"What the fuck you gone do pussy?" With that final statement Rico walked from behind the counter and got in the dude's face.
"Watch that pussy word for I have to show you who the real pussy is." Rico spat.
"Man folk, let's go." The black guy said.
"Iight homie. This ain't over." The Hispanic dude spoke before leaving. Damn, Rico just made another enemy in this town. It's always something I swear.
"Baby, you gotta learn to control your temper." I spoke hugging him.
"Fuck that nigga. I'm tired of these dudes coming in here trying to talk to you all the time."
"Well, what do you want me to do, be ugly?" I asked laughing.
"No... Shit, I don't know Princess. I always feel like you gone find somebody better."
"REALLY? This again? Rico who the hell is better for me than you? I'll answer that question, NOBODY! So stop saying that shit."
"Ok, baby. I guess I'll stop. But we need to start cleaning up. It's almost time to close up."
"Okay." I spoke before grabbing Rico by his arm and giving him a big kiss. I'm glad my night is almost over and it's off to a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment